Is alfalfa/hay a good way to pay off land?

vendredi 29 avril 2016

I am in the process of moving to Idaho. I see a lot of pivot water systems and alfalfa growing all around. I expect people are doing it because it makes money. I am planning to buy land after I fix up the house I just purchased. My question is on the economics of growing alfalfa to pay back the expense of the land. First off I plan to pay cash for the land, how much I get is another matter. I hope to negotiate my way into ten to twenty acres with proven water and good sun exposure.

 

I have not planned out expenses for a pivot watering system. It looks like everyone has one of these. I would expect you would need a way to cut the alfalfa, a way to bail it, and store it for sale.

 

How much currency will I need to get a start at this excluding land? Through my research I have also found different levels of quality of alfalfa. I expect that has to do with the soil, preparation, and weather. I have so many questions but I will just end here for now and see what comes from this exploration post.

 

My ultimate goal is to pay back my investment in land and equipment, then start a permaculture design on the land with aggro forestry , bushes, and shrubs, animals and strip grazing.



Is alfalfa/hay a good way to pay off land?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire