Hesston MF round baler 945 overrunning clutch

dimanche 10 avril 2016

I have a MF 2745 round baler by Hesston. Same as AGCO 5545, Hesston 945, Challenger RB45. This baler has an overrunning clutch that is metal on metal that you grease. I have some play in mine and wondering if anyone knows if this clutch should be tight, minimal play? I can rock the large sprocket about 3/4" in and out. 5000 bales through baler but original owner baled cornstalks and haylage and was very hard on this baler. I didn't check the inside which was beat hard, broken/bent grate and bent stuffer forks, etc., before buying from the John Deere dealer that I thought I could trust. Looks like new on outside.

 

What a stupid design. Who builds a baler with a plain bearing surface that can wear out. I have owned two Hesstons, Case IH 8450 and Hesston 745. Case IH was great and Hesston 745 was OK, crappy twine arm design. Bought this one to get netwrap and upgrade from the 745. Works good but seems light duty compared to JD and NH.

 

Before I spend another $500 dollars for this clutch I am trying to locate a similar baler so I can see how the clutch play compares to mine. I am in Minneapols Minnesota or Duluth area so if anyone knows of one of these balers that I can look at please let me know. It must be a 900 series Hesston, 945, 946, 956, a 2700 series MF, 5500 series AGCO, Challenger, basically in the 2004 to 2010 years. MF 2845 and 2945 do not use this clutch.

 

I can't locate a single one of these balers in Minnesota only Iowa, Wisconsin, Dakotas or Canada. I guess people like them so well they won't part with them  :) .



Hesston MF round baler 945 overrunning clutch

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire