Hope for the Future

lundi 9 janvier 2017

In the interest of being honest, I admit that 2016 was not all that great of a year. It has been tough transitioning to full-time farming and honestly I think 2017 might be worse. But there is always hope.

 

I am guessing that I am not alone in this. They say a farm only has a great profitable year every 7 years. In those 7 years, 2 might be marginally profitable, 3 will be just under profitable, and 1 will be really unprofitable.

 

Now that is on average, and a lot of things determine that, such as equipment aquisitions, depreciation, growth, etc, but that is averaged out. Still there is hope for those struggling.

 

Habakkuk 3:17-18, New King James Version:

 

Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.

 

Stay strong...it is all about priorities!



Hope for the Future

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire