Help with determining best rake for me

dimanche 9 juillet 2017

Awhile back y'all helped me decide on a different tractor, and no doubt you steered me right, I'm extremely happy with what I ended up with.

 

I'd like to get a better rake than the old rollabar rakes.  I'm just a tiny hobbyfarm, making hay on 17 acres right now but have up to 40 additional acres that have been offered up to me if I really wanted to take it.

 

I like the appeal of the simplicity and capacity of an 8 wheel V-rake. However, there's a Vicon 423T for sale on CL that looks to be in very nice condition for $2500 OBO.

 

Is this an ok rake? And will I do that much better with it or is the simplicity of wheel rakes and their low maintenance still much more practical for guys like me?  I make horse hay, all grass right now but might seed some alfalfa mix this fall. I've read of the maintenance and expense that can be required when the rotary rakes need repairs.

 

Second--this second cutting was extremely thin, the rollabar rake wouldn't touch it, so the guy who I hire to mow (and I thought rake) came through with his rotary rake later and it did a great job.  Do wheel rakes still do well at picking up grass very fine, short grass?



Help with determining best rake for me

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire