Fall pasture & hay field seeding

lundi 4 septembre 2017

I'm making plans to do some fall cover crop planting in a very over grazed and poor ground pasture. Been talking with "reed" about my plans and looking for all the input I can get.

 

We are so dry here I decided to use the disc plow to loosen the top few inches to give the seed somewhere lay, I will be using a 3pt spreader to throw seed then cultipack..

 

Hope to be ready and have seed here next weekend and be ready in case we get some rain..

 

Area is about 7ac, very rocky, somewhat steep, and poor fertility..  Their isn't much other than Common Bermuda & crab grass.. 

 

Not sure what the seed place has or can get yet, will be calling tomorrow to see...

 

Plan -

 

Fescue

Rye grass- type ?

winter wheat

turnips - type ?

radish - type ?

black oats ?

winter peas ?

 

What else might I plant/ask for at the seed place, just looking to help the ground and have forage to give my hay stack a break..

 

I also will be able to fertilize and keep the horses & cows off for a while until things get established...

 

That block of granite weighs around 1K lbs..

 

And my stallion has to be with me and help...

 

 

Chris

 

007.JPG      003.JPG

 

002.JPG      002.JPG

 

001.JPG      005.JPG

 



Fall pasture & hay field seeding

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire