Trouble with needle timing on my NH311

lundi 4 septembre 2017

Ever since I've owned this baler (4 years) the timing marks haven't been lined up so I finally got around to trying to get the needle timing fixed.  The timing marks were probably 1-1.5 inches off.

 

I did exactly what the manual says--

 

I removed the drive chain by loosening the idler pulley and lowering it.

 

Turned the flywheel in direction of travel ntil the crank was vertical and between the timing marks.

 

I confirmed the knotter clutch pawl was resting against the backstop on the knotter clutch.  Then I pulled out on the needle yoke rod.

 

I turned the clutch gear until the timing marks were lined up.  In the picture I was turning the one on the LEFT.  It was difficult to keep it correctly in place when replacing the chain.

 

I reinstalled the chain and tightened it, then tripped the knotter and turned it through a complete cycle.  After doing this, my timing marks were off by about an inch again (about where they were before).  Pic is attached by how far they're off.  What am I doing wrong here?

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_3554.jpg


Trouble with needle timing on my NH311

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire