Starting a bale

vendredi 10 mai 2019

First year baling on my own, may never get to bale because of the rain, so probably overthinking. Previously neighbor and I shared equipment, my cutter, rake, his JD 467 baler. Sadly he passed away last year and so now I have purchased a hopefully gently used JD 457 with net wrap. I had mechanic (former JD employee) go thru baler, new bearings, chains, etc. where needed. Having read many of these posts, I have a couple of questions.

ONE. When bales were difficult to start, neighbor wanted me to leave pto speed at 540 and ride the clutch, till the bale started. I gritted my teeth and did like he said. It seems that it might be better to slow the pto speed  and try to give the baler time to start the roll. I would appreciate your input. TWO. His baler had hydraulic lift on the pickup reel. I ran it all the way down and only picked it up to change fields. My baler has a manual pickup. I never really thought about where to run the teeth and the wheels. My baler has the mega wide pickup. Again I would appreciate your input.



Starting a bale

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire