YM-240 Thermostart Issues

vendredi 10 mai 2019

This is my first post after recently acquiring a Yanmar YM-240. Start-up seems difficult despite what appears to be sufficient fuel. Black smoke while cranking. I use the compression release and the weather is quite warm. I followed prescribed startup procedures from manual, full throttle then back off to approx 1500 rpm.

My thermostart was no good so replaced it. It barely drips fuel from the full reservoir and I can hear the plunger opening after heatup makes a gurgle noise and a drop comes out. I checked lines are clear to TS. I squirt fuel on it and ignites fine which brings up some concern on the paper air cleaner element being so close above the flame. Will start if I use a propane torch. Wondering if my compression is too low? How do I check? Maybe could use valve adjustments.

Thanks to one of the members here I obtained a manual but can't find the post now to give him credit. So grateful for that! To sum up my question here is maybe I got a bad replacement thermostart with faulty plunger? Is there a way to check it? My bad for going with the cheapest ebay counterfeit I'm guessing. But like I said, this thing should start without it.


YM-240 Thermostart Issues

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire