Orchard grass no rain for 2 weeks, none forecasted, cut now?

dimanche 21 juillet 2019

Michigan on sand. Mixed grass field, primarily orchard grass. Some alfalfa, clover, timothy and rye. I managed to get a cutting early June while we were getting tons of rain. I did get a lot of rain earlier like everyone else but I'm in a very particular part of Michigan that the rain skips over every summer and we've reached that point again. So I'm at 1.5" for the month with the last measurable rain being .15", 16 days ago. Since then in inches the only things that registered are .02, .01, .04 and .02. My 10 day forecast shows nothing for another week. I was hoping for some more rain in early July to get another push of growth but that doesn't seem to be happening. The tips are starting to brown so i'm wondering do I just cut the 2nd cutting now, take what I can get and then get another cut in the fall hopefully.

 

Here's some pics, overall theme is about mid calf height, some is just above the ankle, some is knee height. Tried to get my leg in for a reference.

 

VWVq1nQ.jpg?1

 

nzd4AF8.jpg?1

 

Z1BwgvP.jpg?1



Orchard grass no rain for 2 weeks, none forecasted, cut now?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire