trouble with my NH 638 round baler

samedi 27 juillet 2019

I have an older 4x4 baler, NH 638 which recently broke the belt lacing on one belt, and on inspection had 3 other ratty connectors (clipper type) My first plan was to replace the two worst with new and then cut 6 foot sections from the good parts of the removed belts, relace them and install the repaired belts removing the ratty ones plus the two new ones. I discovered that the baler had belts that were 5  inches shorter than the regulation 272.5 inch new belts I had. Decided to replace all belts with new aftermarket 272.5" belts, but now am wondering what the difference in length is going to do. I have already discovered several shall we say, hack job repairs by the previous owner and have no idea why he would have put short belts in.  I doubt the belts all shrank the exact same distance, so it must have been on purpose.  Anyway, can anyone see that I am going to have problems with all new belts that  are 5" longer?  Just for the record, I checked with the NH dealer who assured me that 272.5 inches is what that baler called for and even measured the new belts to be sure they weren't mislabeled. Are there adjustments I should make to get the right belt tension with the longer belts? (the manual doesn't say)  And how tight is that since I can't be sure that what the baler came with is really right and it never has been a championship baler since I've owned it.



trouble with my NH 638 round baler

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire