Hesston 5510 pickup

lundi 29 juillet 2019

Hi, I am new to this forum as a poster but have found it very useful in the past for referencing a variety of items. Last year I switched from my ancient Hesston 5500 round baler to a slightly newer Hesston 5510. Since putting the 5510 to work I have noticed a significant increase the amount of hay that is left behind after making a pass over my windrow. I have dropped the table to its lowest setting and see that the tires are still a couple of inches away from the ground when they roll to the bottom and begin their sweep upwards. My Hesston dealer shows a different part number for the pickup teeth between the 5510 and the 5500 but when I asked them to measure the tine length the told me that the tine length was 6 5/8” for both tines. They are not familiar with either baler. Our local Vermeer dealer thinks the 5510 should have a longer tine. Does anyone know what the correct tine length is for a 5510 baler. The 5510 had straight tines when it came to me but no telling what previous owners did. The tines were badly worn so I used my inventory of 5500 tines to replace broken ones. Now that I need to buy new ones again I may as well get the right tine but what is it? All I know for sure is that the bent tines from my 5500 have not made the pickup any worse but also not better.

Hesston 5510 pickup

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire