Pinion seal replacement

mercredi 17 juillet 2019

]I posted part of this in a different thread but will follow up here.
I was working on the fence and a piece of stray wire became wrapped around the yoke of the front driveshaft right where the seal is. I cut it off best I could because a bad looking storm was approaching. I cautiously got to the barn and parked because oil was leaking out of the diff. I took off the shaft after marking everything so I could but every piece back just like it was when the project was finished. I tied it to the side out of the way, with the 2 exposed ujoints clamped so the caps wouldn't fall off . and then started getting off the yoke. I had to use a 1 1/8 " socket and the newer impact wrench because the old one didn't have enough umpt. I tugged on it but it wouldn't budge so used an ancient gear puller and a piece of small chain bolted around the olk so that I would have a better grip. It zipped right off with the impact wrench.. I now removed the last piece of wire that ruined the seal. It was wound so tight that it looked like a spring( about 4 winds worth) The seal was a little harder to remove but had a great outcome with a sharpened screwdriver that had the tip slightly bent. I carefully lifted up the edge of the seal's flange by tapping the blade of the bent screwdriver tip under it and slowly went around, lifting it, as far as I could go. Then, I gave it a pry and out it popped. Now waiting on the backordered seal. The screwdriver with the bent tip kept me from gouging the seat. Here's the link I used again in case the other thread wasn't read. Now waiting on seal to come in. bordercollie

edit : It's really important to mark everything before disassembling. other thread here : http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums...ad.php?t=17988 I should have put them together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Z0zz1_4UYqk


Pinion seal replacement

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire