ground leveling

jeudi 27 août 2015

the Rancher I bale for has this idea that heavy thatch and matting is GOOD for the ground, even when I show him areas of 1-1.5 ft sq that have NO plan life.....

 

and the Pocket Gophers are causing serious roughness, to the point where I can't steer due to the front wheels being off the ground

 

I suggested harrowing in the spring and after baling (remove bales quickly and hammer the field with the harrows.

 

He balks at the idea of harrows, thinking ONLY Heavy harrows are called for, but I suggest even the lowly diamond harrow set will do better than just talking about it like has been happening for the last 5 years.

 

He tried using a DT cultivator with sweeps set at 1/2" above the ground once, but tore up so much ground that he felt he lost a lot of grass.

 

I am a fan of basic harrows, diamond ot tine, I don't care.... as long as we get them drug across the field twice a year.

 

We only get one cut up here, a second cut is rare due to the wet springs we have been having, so a before and after is the best option for my thinking

 

just wondering what other do.

any thoughts?



ground leveling

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire