Another newbie with questions. Any advice much appreciated!

samedi 22 août 2015

Heya folks.

I've read extensively here. MANY thanks for all of your input/experiences/advices. It does make wading through such a purchase a bit easier. (a bit...LOL) Even so....you know how it is sometimes. The more ya read...the more confused ya sometimes get...

Scenario: I'm on the brink of a purchase. 2 options sit before me at present.

Option #1- I found a very lightly used 2013 rtv900 for sale that has about 50 hours on it. The owner says it was purchased to plow snow but shortly after the purchase a B35 (I think that was the model) came available and they went that route instead. As a result, the 900 has sat unused for most of it's life. The owner has stated to me that it has never even been "off road". It LOOKS very clean from the pics. (it's 2.5 hours away so I've yet to see it in person) The unit comes with a winch/windshield & vinyl doors that were never installed...has a brush guard, rear screen & black metal canopy. It hasn't even had the 50 hour oil change yet. From the pics it appears to be in mint condition. Asking 10K.

Option #2 - Buy a new 1120D w/turbo. 'nuff said.

I live at 7000 ft. Slight concern about overall power with the 900. (could add a turbo? Good idea? Bad idea?) Nothing here runs all out. I go back to the Midwest in my truck and chirp the tires at every stop sign. Here...nope. No way. Those of you living at altitude know what I'm sayin'.

Thoughts? I've read the thread(s) that speak to loose tolerances on suspension and rubber bushings...oil leaks...yadda yadda yadda on the new X models. Might as well go ahead and mention I'm not a real gearhead...don't enjoy working on vehicles...but can do it if I HAVE to. (would rather write a check at this point in my life) Also should say that the nearest dealer is about 90 miles away. SWAG is about 150. REALLY don't wanna spend 20K+ to end up under the damn thing with a wrench in my hand.

The thread about the wheel concerns on the "X" models never really came to a conclusion/faded out...so I have no clue what happened to all the folks yakkin about their concerns in March 2014. Was this resolved..or is it just the way it is/a wait and see kinda thing? Any input appreciated.

Concerns with the 900....power. My land isn't uber hilly....but I have a couple of small hills coming out of the creek bank (where I wanna build a bridge) that I wanna negotiate...and everything/all use will be at 7000 ft and above. I will be using this machine to plow snow in Winter and haul firewood out of the woods in Summer....along with a bit of joyriding next to the Arkansas river/general putzing around. Will it do what I expect it to do?

No problem affording either unit. Just "retired"...and dang it...it's time for me to get some TOYS. Just wanna make the most informed purchase possible.

So what would YOU do...and why? I would love to hear your thoughts either way. (or the third option..."run the other way"!

Other makers (Polaris/Arctic Cat/Massey ferguson) have dealerships closer to me than Kubota...but...um....yeah.... kinda really wanna go orange...

Help me stop using my wheelbarrow so much....please!

Any input appreciated!


Another newbie with questions. Any advice much appreciated!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire