What to plant after alfalfa--No corn equipment

mardi 13 octobre 2015

I am a veteran farmer of six months--yes six months. My brother operated the family farm, and then abruptly quit. I decided to continue to operate our farm. We have 220 acres under production. Primarily we grow alfalfa. Please advise/teach me about what to do to replace an aged, poorly productive alfalfa stand.

 

In the past we planted corn into our fields of poorly productive alfalfa and chopped that into silage. Then the next year we went back to alfalfa. Our corn chopping and loading equipment is really old and breaks down often. I do not want to invest in equipment for handling silage. 

 

Please advise me on what to do. Thanks.



What to plant after alfalfa--No corn equipment

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire