NH baler goes out of timing.

mardi 8 novembre 2016

Just bought a 275 baler, similar set up to a 271, it came with new needles installed so Iam guessing I just bought someone else's nightmare.

 

Just fixed a heap of rust, lubed parts, put in some new hay dogs and spring and gave it a paint job etc. 

 

I had the knotter frame out as a whole unit, to do some repairs under there, but made sure I marked everything and it has gone back as it came out.

 

So I adjusted all the chains etc, timed the thing, put the arm in between the notches, lined up the notches on the knotter frame etc. and spun it over a few times by hand, tripped the knotters a few times with some tension on the the twine, hooked up the tractor and ran it for 5 minutes, but didn't trip the knotters.

 

Took it out in the paddock, the first knot was a mess and the next I broke a needle, checked the timing and it was out by 1 tooth (the drive had advanced forward) no shear pins were broken, now I reset the timing but I am hesitant to put a new needle in until I find out why the timing went out.

 

Only thing I can think of is the clutch on the knotters (it does look like it has had some crusty old grease in there most pushed out by clean stuff) but I haven't pulled it apart yet.

 

TIA



NH baler goes out of timing.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire