Wonder if I'm getting a good deal

jeudi 1 août 2019

Hi all,

 

I'm not sure if I'm getting a good deal on my hayfield and hope someone can chime in.

 

I have about 40 acres that is hayed. It is all just non-fertilized natural grass. My neighbor cuts and round-bales it twice a year. I don't know if they are 5x5 or 4x6 bales. I don't do anything, he supplies all machinery, fuel, labor, removal, everything. I have no animals so he gets all the bales for his cattle. It's been hayed for a long time, but we've only owned the place for a few years.

 

Each cut, there's about 55-65 bales from the land. Our cut is about $400. That's only about $6 per round bale for us. Doesn't sound right. Round bales on craigslist are going for about $50 a bale.

 

Am I getting a fair price for not lifting a finger, or am I getting screwed?

 

Thanks for reading!

 

gottahay



Wonder if I'm getting a good deal

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire