Seed Drills?

mercredi 21 août 2019

  Will a regular seed drill work to plant winter cover crop (Black Oats) in a grass hayfield? I am looking online at a well kept International Harvester 5100 soybean special.

  I currently rent a friends Tye no-till drill. I think it actually only plants 7 feet, could be 6 feet. It takes a while to get much done. I own an old Deere 8200 drill. I have used the old 8200 with fair success scratching the ground and dropping ryegrass seed in pastures. That seemed good enough with rye grass seed which I believe would grow on asphalt.

  I am wanting to drill some hayfields in Black Oats this year as a cover crop. The Black Oat seed is long and needs more soil contact than rye grass would. I want a good stand.

  Should I just keep renting the no till or can I get a good stand with something like the IH 5100? Are drills like the IH 5100 and may old 8200 Deere called semi-till drills?

I plead my ignorance in advance.

 



Seed Drills?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire