Damped round bales/ grass hay (advice/help wanted)

samedi 15 août 2015

I had a semi load of round bales lined up at a real fair price. But the seller had to bale straw before he could ship to me. Would't you know it the day the straw is done it rains. Heavy mist for 6 hours and some small showers, cool and damp for a day. It got the bales wet a little in the field and now they are loaded on a trailer. Now my seller is wanting to ship them to me. I am feeding horses and it's my winters worth of hay. I told him I wanted to see if they dry before I buy them of it stays too cool and they mold. I figure if it gets hot out right away they will be fine. But now they are on a trailer so they won't get air flow either.

 

 I only have money for one shot at getting good hay for winter.

 

So I am asking the people of this forum for advice.



Damped round bales/ grass hay (advice/help wanted)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire