New Holland BC5070 and 575 Questions

dimanche 16 août 2015

Recently saw a used New Holland BC5070 sell for what I thought was a low price. Man was retiring and sold his equipment,

I think I asked a similar question regarding a JD 348.

While our hay yield is quite low, once we whip our fields into shape, we should see a much greater yield - just not baling as many acres as you folks typically bale.

We are getting along fine with my New Holland 68, but I think a back-up baler is in order or a newer primary baler, with the 68 as the back-up.

Right now, capacity wise, the 68 is fine. We can only bale as fast as the stacker on the wagon and the 68 can bury them if I push it. But as we grow, we'll probably move to thrower wagons or some kind of accumulator/grapple system - especially as my kids age into adulthood, out of the house and I'm a one man show.

I know the BC5070 and the 575 are similar balers and high capacity balers too.

Question is, if I find a deal on one, how's it going to do cranking out 32 inch, 40 lb bales of hay - which is our goal, like the 68? Our windrows maybe fat sometimes, but maybe thin too. If we are wagon stacking, again the limit is the stacker, not the baler, so I'd have to slow down.

I've read, the these balers like to be full and at capacity or bale shape/length problems occur. Not sure I understand though, just like my 68, there is a 14 x 18 bale chamber, hay dogs and wedges and a plunger.

What makes the BC5070 and 575 not desirable for lighter duty/less acreage baling - or have I got this all wrong? Anyone making 40 lb, 32ish inch bales with these balers?

If I see a deal - is this simply not a baler I should consider?

Any experiences, tips and sage advice on the BC5070 or 575 is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Bill

New Holland BC5070 and 575 Questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire