Loaded Question - Equipment Puchase

jeudi 8 octobre 2015

Back in the day, we boys mowed the lawn grass around my parents home with perhaps the cheapest, hardest to push push mower. Once we got up and had jobs, the grass mowing chores fell back to my Dad - LOL!

He promptly went out and bought a nice Toro self propelled push mower and a John Deere riding mower - life was good and truthfully, he deserved it.

I have purposely bought old equipment, fix'er uppers for our hay deal (with the exception of my JD tractor) to show my boys how squares was done, can still be done and most importantly, this is what haying is/why and let's turn a wrench and learn how to fix stuff.

As time rolls on, we are going to upgrade. Maybe we'll see some new hay equipment in the mix. If the boys are interested in keeping at the hay deal, I don't mind investing my $$$'s so they'll have decent equipment even after I become a spectator - so they won't have to.

Question is - when buying new hay equipment, Deere, New Holland, etc., when have you found the best time of the year for straight out cash deals that maximize the rebates/discounts? Now - in the fall, dead of winter/January, right before you start cutting in May or in the throws of flat out making hay in July?

What is/has been the historically best time to buy new hay equipment and get the best deals?

Thanks!
Bill

Loaded Question - Equipment Puchase

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire