Equipment Recommendations for a newbie

lundi 8 février 2016

Hey Guys,

 

Here is the background... I have 300 acres that is primarily set up for deer hunting in Wisconsin with 30 of those acres being planted in food plots. In order for my 30 acres of  food plots (throughout the property) to be assessed as "AG USE" I need to show some type of income from these spots. My plan is to plant oats or barley this spring, then bale it once before I put in my fall plots (1st week of august) to sell. .  Most of the plots are larger than 2 acres but some plots that I will be planting and picking could be tight at times (in the woods), have awkward corners, and its not uncommon for my soil to be a little rocky. I need some advice on what general HAY equipment (planter type, mower type/size, baler type/size, rake type,)  you would recomend for my set up? should i buy new/used?  I already have the tillage equipment. I also have a 45hp tractor, but will be adding another tractor around 100 hp this spring. I am trying to put together a list of equipment that will make the process the most efficient.... As far as my budget goes... I am willing to spend a little extra if the piece of equipment ultimately makes the job easier, and would rather spend a little extra for a quality product. say i have a budget somewhere around... 20-35k...and obviously would like to keep it closer to 20 (or less!) but like i said i would be willing to spend a lil more based off of your experiences/opinions.

 

 

Thanks!

 

-Michael



Equipment Recommendations for a newbie

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire