268 intermittent knotting

jeudi 30 juin 2016

I have a 268 New Holland and it's been giving me issues all spring. at first neither side was tying so I adjusted it like the manual said and the outside knotter is tying perfectly it never misses. the inside knotter or towards the twine box would never tie. I had a friend come out who knows the knotters and work with it for 2 hours while I had hay on the ground and he managed to get it to tie about 4 out of 10 times. we filed the billhook down we adjusted the knife Farm for clearance and everything else. I replaced the twine knives and it's still isn't tying the but about 50%. it keeps getting caught on the billhook if I loosen the spring anymore even just a quarter turn it won't tie at all if I tighten it it won't let go at all so I'm kind of in that sweet spot. I am at a loss of what to do. it I don't know if I want to spend $95 an hour at the dealership. I attached pictures of the knots. Any other pics or questions to get this thing going so I can start my baling season would be awesome.

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_20160630_181634.jpg
  • IMG_20160630_181642.jpg


268 intermittent knotting

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire