Time for a new rake

lundi 27 juin 2016

I've finally reached the point where need to do an upgrade. I'm haying about 100 acres per year, numerous small fields (18+ fields), lots of gateway's and odd shapes. I've always used a JD 640+660 parralel bar with a nh 2 rake hitch, but both rakes are getting bad, and the 2 rake hitch is a bear to move field to field.

I mow with a Zetor 6' drum, bale with a krone 130 with wide pickup. Almost entire wrapped silage, just a couple hundred dry squares.

Everyone is pushing rotary on me, but I'm concerned about maintenance/the amount of moving parts as well as the width. I'm currently using a JD B to rake, may use my 504 ih in the future.

I'm looking to gather 3 windrows into 1, thus the 8 vs 10 wheel.

How will the v do on rougher ground? Obviously, some corners/tight spots could be a problem, but so too with the two rake hitch. The 660 is my father's rake, so I'll keep that if I need it.

Dealer says he can have one in a week with kicker wheel for $5400. Model H90v8.

Time for a new rake

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire