Replaced guards and knife, now can't move knife on NH 477

jeudi 23 juin 2016

Some of you may recall a thread I posted recently about adjusting knife guards.  This is on a NH 477.  Well my knife guards were all pretty worn so I thought I was doing the right thing and bought all new guards and a new cutter bar, as well as new clips, got everything through Webb's.  A $350 investment or so, but I thought it would be worth it and that I was doing the right thing.

 

I have all the guards replaced, and got the cutter bar in, which was very difficult.  I had to pound it in with a rubber mallet, but this is also what I was reading on how to do it.  The new guards looked nice and straight, but now I can't move the cutter bar at all.  All the clips are lose, not tightened down in case that was the reason.  Before I removed everything I could move the cutter bar with ease of course.  I don't dare hook it up to the PTO until I can move it freely by hand. 

 

Do I need to adjust the bushing up on the head???  I know somebody here knows what to do!

 

I hate it when you try to do it right, don't take short cuts or cut corners, and you're in worse shape than you started.  And now I missed my second window to cut trying to deal with this thing.

 

 



Replaced guards and knife, now can't move knife on NH 477

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire