Question for Discbine - Mower Conditioner Owners

mercredi 29 juin 2016

I've got a small spot of hay left to cut and I'm finished with my first cutting this year (Timothy). Being it is so late in the year, with the rain we've had, it is mighty thick. The variety is Climax and the leaves are very dense, not crazy tall by any stretch, but a lot of hay per square ft.

Started cutting this stuff this evening with my trusty Hesston sickle mower conditioner, model 1110. 7 ft cut, rubber on steel rollers.

Being as the hay is so heavy, I went down a gear to avoid plugging. Aside from loosing a guard somewhere along the way and I've got a streak, the moco did great.

However, sometimes the grass was so heavy that it would pile up in front of the rollers. Hay coming out the back, just not fast enough to take all that's going in. At one point a wad of hay came up and over the reel! The mower scooped it up and went right through the rollers. Rollers never plugged or had hay wrapping them, etc. Occasionally they just wouldn't take the volume of hay.

Now I'm going sickle haybine ground speed......

Those of you with discbines - mower conditioners, do you ever plug your rollers? Does hay ever pile up in front of your rollers like it did with my mower today?

If you have an impeller conditioner vs rolls, I assume they NEVER plug, however, when the volume of hay is massive, are you getting a thorough conditioning of the hay?

I'm thinking today's cut was probably near the capacity limit for my old Hesston. Just wondering the limit on a disc mower conditioner - is the bottle neck the rollers like my Hesston?

Just curious.

Thanks!
Bill

Question for Discbine - Mower Conditioner Owners

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire