Thoughts, experience, opinions from the well seasoned

vendredi 24 juin 2016

Always had a few cows growing up but mainly a hay and corn soybean operation. Grandpa would breed to show and butcher one here and there and sell halves to family and friends. I took over the grain and hay operation on 'rent' and started updating and buying my own equipment a few years back. Raised a few steers for sale, nothing serious. Last month I purchased the family farm minus the house and 14 acres it sits on. I currently rent my house that's half mile away. (Family owned) Now I am putting an offer in on a farm a few miles away with 45 acres (39 in row crop) Always wanted to make a go at raising and selling beef and this place has the exact setup I need for feeding steers already there. Richie waterers, concrete throughout the barn yard, hay barns, silo. Maxed out could probably feed 125 head. Now I'm not looking to get that big that quick and I can always fill excess barn space with hay & straw we bale. But I'm leaning towards marketing natural freezer beef and maybe some conventional fed to take to sale yard. Have to fill some barn space if I buy it to justify the large investment. Any experiences, thoughts, advice welcome.

Thoughts, experience, opinions from the well seasoned

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire