Brown Spot in Fescue or something else

mardi 6 septembre 2016

Well after reading other threads here about bugs & things in fields here in the south I started taking a closer look at my fields.

 

I was spraying a few weeks ago and found major brown dead spots in my fields, all of them..

 

So far about 40% of the field is in very big brown spots.... house size spots..... I did take a pic but it is hard to tell so no need to post it...

 

I did the soapy water trick and didn't really find much coming out of the ground, did this in 8-10 different places and same results.. nothing..

 

A little background on this years management of the hay fields.....

 

First cut - 3rd week of May finished, spread 300# ac 21-7-14 week later...  some rain a few days later then very little for 2 months the we did have several small rains that barely settled the dust.

 

During the summer the fields did show sighs of stress from the drought and did brown down some but the large areas are worrying me...

 

Cut everything again yesterday a bit low in prep to reseed/liming in a few weeks...

 

Planing to reseed with Fescue and something else but not sure what yet as their aren't many choices in this area for a companion grass that will stand our weather.. that I know of anyways.....

 

This field is what I call a new field, this is the 2nd year of cutting the stand and the ground is in good shape..

 

Is this fungus something common in hay fields, I read it is very common in yards but not much info for fields....  anything else to check for???

 

Thanks, Chris



Brown Spot in Fescue or something else

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire