Best hay roller for short fine stemed Bermuda hay?

samedi 7 janvier 2017

 I have been wondering this for some time.I live in north Alabama and I have about 35 acres of fine stemed Vaughn's #1 Bermuda grass.I am a 1 man operation with a full time job in town and the Bermuda works me pretty good in the summer.I normally cut it 4 times during the growing season.

I have a JD567 net wrap w/Megawide pickup.The rolls are 60" wide and have the roller set at 60" tall.I have to remove the compressor rack to get the roller to pick up short hay.Even with the density turned all the way up rolls are still loose.I have never weighed one but I think they weigh a lot less (at least 25% less) than my other mixed grass rolls.I know when the Bermuda is short it is hard to deal with regardless of the brand of roller.

Are they any other brand or rollers out there that would do a better job on short Bermuda?



Best hay roller for short fine stemed Bermuda hay?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire