Should I Grow Alfalfa or Coastal Bermuda?

mercredi 1 février 2017

I might be starting a smaller scale haying adventure here in North Texas in the next couple of years, and I wanted folks' opinions on what exactly I might try to grow.

 

It seems that most everyone here sells Alfalfa or Coastal Hay, and the Alfalfa is PRICEY comparatively. This of course tempts me to grow some alfalfa, but theres probably more to it then that.

 

How does a person decide?

 

For a guy whose never grown either - which would be easier, and why? I want something hardy on account of my noobism. 

 

Also, is there a difference in the number of cuttings that I might get in a decent year? I imagine seed costs are lower on the coastal, might that be correct?

 

Anything else I'm not thinking of here? Thanks guys.



Should I Grow Alfalfa or Coastal Bermuda?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire