Ear Mites

lundi 15 octobre 2018

Background...about the only real experience I have with cattle is eating them. I am contemplating buying another bred cow and the seller advertises that she is being treated for ear mites.

I called him and asked about the mites as I have NO experience with that; he states that he doesn't know much about them either but had another cattle guy tell him that was her problem. She was shaking her head a lot. He has been treating her with (I assume) a pour-on worm/parasite treatment; he has it one of those back-rub deals. He claims “she's about over it” and has all-but stopped shaking her head.

 

 

Are ear mites a big deal?

 

Need to quarantine her for awhile until they're gone?

 

Will they spread to my other critters (sheep and another cow).

 

Does it EVEN sound like an ear mite issue?

 

 

 

Thanks, Mark



Ear Mites

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire