Steel Rollers Vs. Flails on a Discbine

jeudi 11 octobre 2018

Anyone have any first hand experience with drying times using steel rollers and flail conditioners on a disc mower conditioner?

 

I've got an old Vermeer 7120 with the steel rollers and my father just picked up a nice 1412 NH with the flails, and I used the latter to cut a couple of fields last week.  Granted it was mostly short, blade hay but I didn't notice any difference in drydown.  I did notice the flail machine didn't crack the stems on the taller grasses like my steel roller machine does, and am curious how they will perform on 1st cutting hay with taller stems.

 

I need to pick up a newer discbine in the next couple of years, and was planning to look around for a well kept Vermeer 840 and keep my old 7120.  The NH is built a lot lighter, but seems to do a good job so it's got me wondering.

 

Any opinions would be appreciated. 



Steel Rollers Vs. Flails on a Discbine

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire