Need practical advice for a new-to-me boom sprayer

jeudi 11 octobre 2018

OK...looking for some very basic practical advice. I just bought a used 3pt ,150 gal., 20ft boom sprayer ,3 section manual valve, with a roller pump to do pastures and hay fields.  Previously I hired my spraying of bigger hay fields , but I used a small 10ft, 12v, 25 gal sprayer for small paddocks. So I have been through the basic calibration process.

 

I plan to spray 2-4 d, or Crossbow or Grazon Next HL ...depending on the field.

I got the manual for the sprayer on-line (not very good) , But here are my very basic questions.

 

I don't want to run the pump dry so how does it prime with a full tank? What valves do I need to open? My previous sprayer did not have aggitation so how much should that valve be opened?

 

Can I run at low RPM or do I need higher RPM to make the pump get up to  the proper PSI?

What PSI do you try to use for spraying? What  boom height  with 20" nozzle spacing?

How many gallons per acre do you suggest as a target  to get good coverage?

What else do I need to know to run this sprayer? What is the best clean out/ draining and winterization  process?

 

I know these are very basic questions, but you have been down this road and I would like you experienced advice.

Thanks,

 

 

 



Need practical advice for a new-to-me boom sprayer

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire