Organic Hay

samedi 18 juillet 2015

I raise hay in north central ohio. I was recently approached by a landowner who wants to get his farm certified organic. He thinks the best way to go about this is to raise a conventional wheat crop. Then overseas with a grass/alfalfa mix. Now I understand what it takes to become certified organic. No GMO seed, no Comercial spray or fertilizer. But my question is this. In my mind the only way going through all the extra hassle of raising a certified organic crip would be if there is a significant premium to be had. I've never been approached by anyone asking where to find organic hay, I don't know of many organic farms in my area that buy organic hay. So how would I start to develop a niche market that would demand a premium for am organic crop?

Organic Hay

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire