Ragweed

lundi 20 juillet 2015

Hi All,

I have a field about 16 acres of new seed grass/alfalfa mix planted this spring, came up great but with all the moisture we've had I was unable to cut when it should have been. My biggest problem as a little over ripe isn't a huge issue is that the field was taken over with ragweed. There is still a lot of good grass in there but I'm concerned about the amount of weeds (probably about 10-20% of the crop at this point...) I got it cut down this weekend to at least take care of the existing weeds, but am wondering what I can do with the hay. Is ragweed noxious in hay to where I need to just roll it and burn it or is it sellable as sub quality hay if I can get it dried properly (full disclosure of weeds and priced accordingly of course)? Just curious what my options would be with this. Thanks for any input, new to the hay game so still learning if this is a dumb question :huh:



Ragweed

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire