Replanting old alfalfa orchard grass field

mercredi 10 février 2016

I have a small field of alfalfa orchard grass that is old and weedy. The orchard grass winter killed so I don't have enough grass to leave it go to grass - fox tail and other weeds are taking it over.

 

I would like to go back to orchard grass & alfalfa.  I assume I will need to plant Millet or some other annual hay next spring and then grass & alfalfa the following spring - preferably into the millet stubble.

 

So the questions:

 

Should I spray it out? Roundup?  Then fertilize and moldboard plow?  broadcast or drill seed? Drag and roll.  I would like it smooth enough that I don't bang around in my loader when moving bales (squares with 8 pack grapple).
 

 

Would appreciate recommendations from those that have been there.

 

Thanks,

 

Mark - in SE ND



Replanting old alfalfa orchard grass field

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire