Absolutely Useless Fo Haying

dimanche 5 février 2017

Well maybe you could chain a bale to the blade and move a few round bales around without getting stuck, but other than that, it is pretty much useless for haying.

 

But I got a few firewood orders to get out and when you live in Maine and rely upon winter to do your logging, you realize winter is not all that long. In another month the roads will be posted and the trucks won't be allowed on the roads, so its an all out scramble to get the wood out.

 

The problem is I have a guy that wants 45 cord of firewood and pre-paid me. I already spent the money, and my dozer; while it can go anywhere, pulls wood out at "glacier-pace" as I call it, that is slowwwwwwwwww. I do well getting out wood for myself, but to keep my own bills paid, and another 45 cord on top of that, was tough with my bulldozer. So the truck driver of my wood has a few of these kicking around so I am borrowing it for a bit to get out that 45 cord. If he needs it back after those 45 cord is out, then he can have it, or I might just keep it until the end of winter.

 

Its nice though, like twitching wood with a race car compared to my bulldozer, and the winch is nice. In 2 days I got 20 cord out so it does its job well. It just burns a whole lotta fuel doing it. I got a pto for my dozer, I just got to get into the tranny and install it so I figured I would just wait until mud season and install it then.

 

 

Attached Thumbnails

  • DSCN4687.JPG


Absolutely Useless Fo Haying

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire