Accumulator and grapple purchase/upgrade

mercredi 8 février 2017

After a lot of thought I am really leaning towards getting back into the small square bale arena. Already have a market for small squares (many horsey folks, some who presently purchase my round bales).

 

So here are some of the assumptions I would like you to make when answering my questions:

  • You presently have a tractor/baler combo that can handle any size Kuhn accumulator.
  • You presently have a tractor with FEL and/or skid steer loader that can handle any size accumulator.
  • You presently have a barn/shed that is accommodating to storing small square bales, with equipment given.
  • You have a rich uncle who will part with $$$ for you to purchase/upgrade your accumulator/grapple to a new Kuhn.
  • You are going to build your own wagons for transportation of bales from field to your storage.

 

What size accumulator/grapple do you presently run (if applicable)?

 

What size Kuhn accumulator/grapple would you buy?
Why?

 

From what I have read on other threads, looks like a wagon of 20 foot long sounds good, but I am uncertain on width, so what dimensions for the wagon(s)?

 

I am a fan of Bale Skiies :) (I bought some for a friend and he is still smiling), does anyone run these with an accumulator? If so, are there any problems you could alert me to when using Bale Skiies and an accumulator?

 

Thanks in advance for your opinion(s) & thoughts.

 

FYI, presently I am leaning toward buying a Kuhns 1534 accumulator and the KN615 Tie-grabber, that I will hook behind a NH BC5070 (a non-Hayliner model), replaced the good old JD24T (was a great baler in it's day however). 

 

Larry

 

PS I was just told last night that maybe NH dealers will be handling Kuhn accumulators, has anyone else heard anything? My closest Kuhn dealers are 94 and 95 miles away, respectfully.  So if NH is becoming a dealer, I have 4 different NH within 35 miles of me. :wub:



Accumulator and grapple purchase/upgrade

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire