How to get a disc harrow to leave the ground level?

jeudi 16 mars 2017

Starting discing up the ground I had previously chisel plowed getting it ready to plant alfalfa. I'm having a real problem getting this disc to level. I have had this disc a few years and have yet to get it to do a level job of discing. I have adjusted the threaded rod on the disc that is supposed to control the pitch of the disc forward to back so both the front and rear gangs are cutting at the same depth which according to the book will eliminate ridge/furrow in the middle of the disc but it just doesn't seem to be making much difference when I adjust it. Last fall I had trouble with it wanting to leave a ridge in the middle of the disc and now today without changing how it was still adjusted from last fall it was leaving a furrow in the middle. Im starting to think that this disc is just a pos. This particular field I'm trying to get worked down will be no till from here on out so I really need to get it smooth before I plant.

Hayden

How to get a disc harrow to leave the ground level?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire