New Battery for My 2010 RTV 900 R9-A

dimanche 12 mars 2017

I just installed a new battery in my 2010 RTV 900 R9-A to replace the original factory battery, Group Size 26R with 540 CCA. I have almost 150 hours on the machine. I noticed in the last week that it was slightly laboring to start. The voltage seemed to be holding about 12.7 after charging, but when I did a load test, it failed.

I choose an AutoZone No. 35-AGM with 680 CCA, 50 amp hours, and a 100 minute reserve capacity for $170 plus tax. I've had good luck with their AGM batteries, one in my 2001 Chevy 2500HD 8.1L Truck and one for our travel trailer. I know several on this forum have recommended the Optima batteries, but I've heard they've had some problems lately, possibly since they moved production to Mexico.

This battery is bigger in size than the factory original, measuring 9 1/2" L, 6 11/16" W, and 7 3/4" L according to their specs. I did some measuring on my battery compartment and determined this would work, the actual length at the bottom is more like 8 3/4". My philosophy is put the most powerful battery that you can fit in. I have attached some pictures of the battery and the installation.

As you can see, the battery overlaps the platform slightly. I had a preformed piece of sheet metal that I fitted to the outside of the battery for better protection. Here is the AutoZone link for the battery:
http://ift.tt/2mBCaNE



New Battery for My 2010 RTV 900 R9-A

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire