What's the best bang for the buck?

mercredi 29 mars 2017

Hi

 

I have a small hay operation and make small square bales. It has gotten harder to find reliable buyers for first cutting. So I pay to have the big square baler come in. It cost me $10.00 a bale to make. Have guy come in and buy all the big squares at $40.00 so I really get $30.00 a bale. Last year sold off 150 big sq 7 foot long = $4500.

 

If I could have sold the hay off in small SQ it wood look like this. 150 big X 17 small = one big 7 footer. = $7650.

 

I see $7650 - $4500 = $3150 loss

 

I have an open building to use. I could store hay until winter months and sell for more. Or could use the hay to feed beef.

 

The building is 40 X 80.  Thought I could feed how many steers or heifers with 150 bales a year?

 

If the better option is to raise beef. Than what is the best breed to raise?

 

Thank you in advance.  



What's the best bang for the buck?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire