Round baler reccs & Ag equipment specs

dimanche 12 mars 2017

Just retired (Wildl. Biol.) & am going to try haying our 25 acres (grass) myself (sickle mower & wheel rake).  Others have done it for last 23 years.  I want round bales as squares are difficult to move with 1 arm (AE).  Our fields are flat & my tractor is 4600 lbs but puts out only 45 PTO horsepower.  

 

Can anyone recommend an appropriate round baler (preferably used) for this application?  I’d like bales as large as possible but realize low hp balers seldom produce >4x4 bales.  I have moved 1000+ lb bales with the tractor & fabricated hay spear on bucket.

 

Also, is anyone aware of a resource that helps make sense model numbers or provides detailed specs of Ag equipment?  I’m new at this & seldom are hp requirements/capability posted for equipment & fewer distinguish between PTO & flywheel hp.



Round baler reccs & Ag equipment specs

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire