New Idea 5209 tongue removal

lundi 6 mars 2017

Up front apologies if this topic has been covered and I missed it in my search.

 

I may need to transport a New Idea 5209 disc mower 300 miles and am looking at ways of doing it.

Narrow roads and distance make towing behind pickup seem unlikely.  

 

Next option would seem to be put crossways on 81/2' wide flatbed with overhang.  It specs to be 11' wide.  This doesn't seem the greatest either.

 

So I'm looking at loading lengthwise on trailer and removing tongue and pto shafts.  How difficult is that?  Anyone know the process of removing the tongue?  The seller does not have a loader but may be able to borrow one.  Not sure on how I will push mower on to the trailer from the sides either.  It doesn't seem to be that heavy about 3500 lb. So car hauler ramps may work.

This will be a toolbox only operation with no air tools etc to help.  Maybe not the right way to go either?

 

Thanks if anyone has ideas.  Doubt I'm the first person to need to move one of these a fair distance.



New Idea 5209 tongue removal

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire