Dicamba injury to smooth brome

dimanche 21 mai 2017

I sprayed my smooth brome about 10 days ago with Clarity(dicamba) since I was starting to get some broadleaf weeds. I used a pint per acre since that is the max labeled rate for a newly established grass. I noticed a few days after I sprayed the brome started looking a little weak and yellow and I thought it could be sulfur deficiency since I was seeing that in my alfalfa as well. I kept noticing it was looking worse throughout this week but I have not had time since I was baling hay to stop and look. I walked the field today and It is clearly a herbicide injury from the dicamba since there are a couple triangular shaped skips where it looks healthy and a few overlapped places where it looks terrible. Most of the field is yellow and stunted with some getting a purple tint to the leaves.....I sure hope it doesn't kill it.

I'm kind of confused as to why it did this since brome is a grass the dicamba should not have effected it. There was no chance of a different herbicide residue in the tank since I had cleaning it out well prior to spraying and the last thing I had sprayed was dicamba on orchard grass back in March anyway. The dicamba did not hurt the orchard. Anyone have any ideas what caused this?

image.jpeg

Dicamba injury to smooth brome

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire