Twin Rakes and Square Balers

mercredi 31 mai 2017

We have a very heavy first cutting of Timothy this year on one of my fields - first cutting is impressive. One of my boys raked today and I had him put 2 - 8ft windrows side by side for the rain or JD348 square baler - whichever comes first....

My Dad would probably say, those are some powerful windrows. I'm thinking about Farmercline's Twinstars rake purchase and it is 27 ft as I recall? We are only raking 16 ft together.

I've got a JD348 and of course the mighty New Holland 68 as a back-up. Not loosing any sleep with the dual 8ft windrows raked together, first cut and the JD348.

But....

When you folks are running these large V-rakes, 27+ ft in width, are you stuck with that width or can you just run one side of the rake? Can your high capacity square baler, i.e. MF1840/39, NH 575/BC5070 or even the JD348 you've got handle such a big-fat windrow if hay in heavy first cutting?

BTW - the rain came first which is why I'm posting instead of baling.....

Thanks,
Bill

Twin Rakes and Square Balers

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire