Twinstar rake

lundi 22 mai 2017

I bought a new Twinstar hay rake last spring and it unfortunately did not work out as I had hoped. No matter what I did or adjusted the windrow was roped up really bad. Before buying this rake I was assured that roping would not be an issue so I was very displeased. After many discussions with the tech dept. of the company they came to the conclusion that I came to after using it a couple times......it is not designed to work in tedded hay.....alfalfa in particular. Here not tedding the hay is simply not an option if I want it to get dry. They said the rake was designed to combine two swaths of a mower and would not rope when used like that.

I have since moved on to a double rotary rake and am much more pleased with the windrow.....no rope and it finishes drying down nicely. The roped up windrow of the Twinstar would not finish drying down and held moisture.

The trouble is I still have the Twinstar rake I am not having any luck at all trying to sell it because they simply are not used or even heard of in the eastern US. I tried to trade it with a couple dealers out west where those rakes are popular but the best trade offer I got was only slightly half of what I paid for it new last year. I really need to move this rake but not sure what direction to go with it. Seems they have extremely poor resale value? Thought I would post on here to see if anyone knew of an area that I might have luck selling it in or if any of the western guys might be interested in it. Im kind of at a loss of what to do with it.

Hayden

Twinstar rake

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire