Baling speed

lundi 22 mai 2017

We purchased a Krone Big Pack 890XC to run this year and I'm not satisfied with my baling speed. We usually can run our round baler (JD 468) as fast as we can stay in the tractor seat once it starts a bale, but with the big square I couldn't get over 6mph in really thick first cutting orchard grass/fescue or Marshall ryegrass. It seems the header can't feed the baler quick enough. Started out at a max of 4 mph then made a increase in the height of my header and get up to 6mph. The hay was wadding up above the header and up against/underneath the flywheel. Kinda like the stuffer mechanism wasn't grabbing it and sucking it in fast enough.
I plugged it up several times in hay that was making 6 bales to the acre. Running bale chamber at 800 psi. Any advice would be great. This is gonna be a long hay season if I can't pick my speed up.

Baling speed

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire