Vicon spreader

vendredi 26 mai 2017

So when fitting out some new mixed grass hayfields this year, my coop decided to premix my seed for me which has made getting it in the ground a bit of a struggle. The mix is 10lb Alfalfa 4lb OG 4lb Timothy 2lb Smooth Brome.

 

I tried putting in in the JD B drill, but couldn't get a good flow rate, so decided to borrow a vicon PS 225 pendulum.  Started on 25' passes (which is below the recommended width), but I was only seeing about 11 - 12' spread out the spreader. Anyone have any thoughts as to the low spread?

 

Tried varying the flow rate on the hopper way beyond the recommended calibration to see if it was a flow issue, no change. The guy I borrowed it off spread his grass seed with it (just grass mind you), and he was running at 25' passes and is getting nice even emergence in his pasture. I did end up getting all the seeding done by splitting the passes on a second run, but seems like this is far from the normal behaviour of one of these.

 

Photo time:

Here's the seed mix (in the drill) - http://ift.tt/2s4WN4A

 

In the field - http://ift.tt/2r6KhEr

 

 



Vicon spreader

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire