Expeller roll on New Holland 7060

jeudi 18 mai 2017

Hello,
 
We've owned a NH 7060 Silage Special for a couple years now (and had a NH 644 for several years before that), and I'm thinking about installing an expeller roll.  I ended up buying the kit from the dealer, but after reading through the included directions I still have a few questions.
 
1. The kit came with the roller, a scraper, and a pair of shields.  The diagrams shown in the directions do not correspond to the shape and location of holes on the tailgate on my 7060.  It seems like the only way to install the roller would be without the two shields.  Is that correct?
 
2. Assuming I disregard the shields, there is a pair of holes behind the nose roller that seem to perfectly fit the expeller roll.  Should I be using the upper or lower holes?  Does it matter which ones? Are these even the correct holes?
 
3. The included directions say that I may have to "cut an inch off" of the angle iron that serves as a bracket to the nose roll scraper, but it doesn't say which balers this is required for.  Does anyone know if this is required on the 7060?  My initial inspection leads me to believe yes.
 
4. What is the scraper that came in the kit for?  The directions seem to imply that it's simply a replacement for the nose roll scraper.
 
5. The directions very briefly mention that "the expeller roll may need to be removed for wet hay."  What's the reasoning behind this?  How wet of hay can it tolerate?  What can happen if I don't remove it?  We do a lot of silage bales, so any detail you can give here is very helpful.
 
6. Any other experience or opinion on NH expeller rolls is much appreciated.
 

Thanks!

 

(Let me know if you need pictures of anything I'm describing and I can try to get them for you.)

 



Expeller roll on New Holland 7060

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire