Words I never thought I'd say.....

samedi 13 mai 2017

I've got a window, 85's/50% humidity through Tuesday, to get some hay down.  Mowed 28 acres yesterday on a tired field and was able to run about 8.5 acres/hour.   Figured throw it in a narrow windrow, let the ground dry a little, then ted it today.   

 

Started mowing the Warrior OG field I planted a year and a half ago (Oct. 2015) under wheat.  

 

Ready for it?  This field is SOOO thick and has SOOOO much leaf that I quit after mowing 7 out of 18 acres: 

 

So much hay that I don't think it will get dry by Tuesday (calling for T-Storms Weds. AM).  Have seep spring down low that's not helping.  I figure I will either get up about a 1/3rd with really good quality, and 2/3rds later with moderate quality.   Or not!

 

I have NEVER had an OG field this thick!   And with so much leaf!

 

Ralph

 



Words I never thought I'd say.....

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire